A Computer Scientist learns Amazon Web Services (AWS) - Introduction

"A Computer Scientist learns Amazon Web Services (AWS)"

Sounds harmless? What could go wrong?

Journey with me into the fog of AWS for a few weeks as I teach myself AWS from the solution architecture book I recently acquired.

I am only to likely comment on things that I find interesting, odd, unusual, etc.

My background is computer science (R&D including machine learning, UNIX, software engineering, enterprise java benchmarking, middleware, Grid computing, web services, and software architecture analysis and performance engineering for large scale distributed systems including cloud). The performance engineering approach is to automatically build predictive performance models from APM data (e.g. Dynatrace) allowing questions about scale (time, size, number) and architectural and infrastructure changes to be explored and predicted. We've modelled a few migrations to/from Cloud so I have a pretty good idea about some of the real performance, scalability, and cost issues people face in practice. I'm currently CTO of a small NICTA spin-out company based in Canberra Australia.  


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Which Amazon Web Services are Interoperable?

AWS Certification glossary quiz: IAM

AWS SWF vs Lambda + step functions? Simple answer is use Lambda for all new applications.